Subject: Workshop on IMT Germany
From: "IALA Contact" <[email-masked]>
To: "IALA Contact" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2025 12:36:30 +0300

Dear IALA participant,

Welcome to the Workshop on International Mobile Telecommunication (IMT)
for Marine AtoNs!

We are delighted to invite you to participate in the new and gorgeous IALA
event!

IALA, in association with the Federal Waterways and Shipping Agency (WSV),
Germany, is hosting a
<https://events.iala.int/workshop-on-international-mobile-telecommunicatio
n-imt-for-marine-atons/> workshop on International Mobile
Telecommunication (IMT) for Marine AtoNs, to be held from 1st to 5th
September 2025, in Karlsruhe, Germany.

The Technical Programme overview and Flyer are attached.

Since 2000, the IMT family has revolutionized connectivity through
successive generations of mobile network standards, including 3G, 4G, and
“IMT-2020 and beyond” (5G). Looking ahead, the next milestone—“IMT for
2030 and beyond” (6G)—promises groundbreaking capabilities, including
ultra-high data rates, unprecedented low latency, integrated positioning,
advanced machine-to-machine capabilities, enhanced security, improved
energy efficiency, and seamless integration of satellite and terrestrial
networks.

In the maritime domain, the IMT family underpins essential advancements,
including general connectivity at sea, autonomous shipping, smart
navigation, and maritime IoT applications. Its innovations continue to
drive operational efficiency, enhance safety, and support the industry’s
transition toward a digital future.

This workshop focusing on the following key objectives:

*	Navigation the future of IMT Technologies
*	Adapting IMT Features for Marine AtoNs
*	Addressing Challenges in Maritime IMT Integration
*	Defining IALA’s Strategic Role in the IMT Ecosystem

Includes expert sessions, technical tours, and a cultural event in the
beautiful city of Karlsruhe.

Karlsruhe is a major city in the German state of Baden-Württemberg,
situated along the Rhine River in the Upper Rhine Valley at the crossroads
between Germany, France, and Switzerland. It thus not only has a mild
climate all year long but also boasts a rich public cultural life with a
specific regional flavour. Karlsruhe is the seat of several important
German federal institutions. It is a thriving university city with a
special focus on digital technologies and their applications.

Karlsruhe can be easily reached from several international airports.

<https://www.iala.int/product/workshop-on-international-mobile-telecommuni
cation-imt-for-marine-aton/> Registration is available through this link
by 1st August 2025.

Don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions!

Hope to meet you soon in Karlsruhe!

Best wishes,

Alisa NECHYPORUK

Technical Officer

Tel +33 (0)1 34 51 70 01 – Mob +33 (0)7 83 51 95 13 – E-mail :
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]